my sweetheart

Friday, November 12, 2010

traditional person

I may not talk or act it, but I’m a very traditional person inside.. So it’s normal that I hold onto a lot of traditional values, like I believe in chivalry, I believe the guy should always be the main provider of the family, and I believe the lady should always look up to the man and respect him (provided he deserves it) etc. And I’m not anti-feminist but I don’t think women should spend half of their lives fighting for equality. Or maybe it’s just how I interpret ‘equality’ -Women wanting to do what men can do,be treated like men, wanting to be independent etc..But with ‘equality’, u can’t expect chivalry to also exist, can you? I think the word equality carries a negative connotation, the correct word here should be ‘empowerment’- where women don’t focus on demanding ‘equality between genders’, but to strive for better lifestyles and be involved in decision-makings, be aware of their rights, and be empowered to do what they want to do without being dictated by society etc..

Ok whatever.

Where there’s no inequality, no dominance, no violation, no force, there is no sexual arousal” - Catherine McKinnon

I like macho guys. bye

amal ismail

No comments: